Sherborne is committed to supporting the children of parents serving in His Majesty's Armed Forces. We offer a 10% fee military discount (on either the day or the boarding fee) subject to:
- At least one parent being in regular, full-time service with the HM Armed Forces (including but not limited to those who are in receipt of CEA). It is not available to children of reservists.
- Where both parents are currently serving in the regular Armed Forces, the military discount will also be 10%.
- If the parent who has applied the military discount leaves HM Forces whilst the child is still at the School, the academic term during which they complete the last day of service will be the last term to which the military discount can be applied.
- The military discount is available to pupils joining the School from September 2023 onwards and cannot be applied retrospectively.
Boarding School allows a sense of place
With both parents in the Army, ‘home’ has changed frequently. In the four years since I joined Sherborne, I have lived in four different houses in three different countries. During my GCSE year alone, I moved house (and country) each term: Christmas Term – UK, Easter Term – Italy; Summer Term – Germany.
While my family has moved across Europe, Sherborne has been a constant. Full boarding has meant that my educational experience has been un-interrupted by moves that might otherwise have severely disrupted my progress. As an overseas boarder, full-boarding Sherborne is perfect as everyone is ‘in’ on the weekends thus there is a fantastic communal atmosphere and despite living a great distance away I feel that I do not miss out on not having my family nearby. It is great also not to be in an Army environment all the time.
As an all-boys school, the link with the nearby Sherborne Girls gives balance and allows me to see my sister while simultaneously giving us distance (so that I do not need to see my sister!). Sherborne’s proximity to the train line is also great as it allows me to commute to London and gives access to airports, allowing me to travel to and from Heathrow and Gatwick with ease when travelling home.
Caspar B - Sixth Form at Sherborne School
- How to Apply
- Make an Enquiry
- Visit Sherborne School
- Virtual Admissions
- Overseas Applicants
- Scholarships and Bursaries
- School Shop and Uniform
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Prep School Engagement
- Day Boys
- Transport and Travel